Monday, August 6, 2012

Hello Family!
So I am leaving tomorrow morning and my plane leaves at 8:47 AM but that's 7:47 your time so I will call before then sometime i'm not sure when but it will be before 7:47 so hopefully you will be able to answer when I call. I think i'm getting a phone card here and we are all buying it together since we can only use it once, it expires after 90 days after the first use and it's $3.50 for 500 minutes so yeah I hope I will have enough time at the airport to be able to call you. So the MTC has been really awesome but I am ready to leave. I have learned a lot here but the best practice will be going out into the field and teaching people. I got my address for the mission home but I can't remember it right now maybe if I still have time after this I will hurry and send another email with it in there. I got the box you sent and thank you so much for it. I don't know what to do with all the candy haha. I tried giving some away but I still have a lot and I don't know if I wan't to take it with me because it's a lot of chocolate and I don't want it to melt all over my luggage. These last few days have been great and we have been working hard to get ready to leave. I have to do all of my packing today because I still have to do laundry so I can't pack my clothes until after I get done with that. I did pack some stuff I don't need but I still have a lot to do so today will be a busy day I think. Oh one thing I forgot to say a while ago is thank you for getting me glasses before I left it has really helped my eyes, I have been doing a lot of reading and so it has helped a lot so thank you. Also thanks for the glasses cleaning kit that helped too because they were getting really dirty. I am so excited to be able to leave for Reno tomorrow. Yeah we have to fly into Reno first then the mission home is in Sparks I think. Our whole day is planned out. I got a email from the mission president and so we won't find out who our companion/trainer is until around 5 PM tomorrow. So I will be with that companion for 3 months because he will also be training me so that will be nice. I don't know what my first area will be yet. I have been taking more pictures and so I will be able to send those next week I think. I do have enough money now at least if I make sure both my bags are under 50 pounds then I will, I haven't gotten too much extra stuff so I don't think it will be over that but I guess I will see tonight. My new scriptures got engraved yesterday and I put Elder Ryne Bailey on them and I also took a picture of that. I still haven't taken the pictures of my room and everything else that you wanted mom but I think I should be able to do that today. I also enjoyed getting the letters and dear elder letters this week, thank you! So I don't know how the dear elder letters will work now, I don't think I will receive them every day now I think I will only get them on Preperation day and now you will also have to pay for it, but I don't really know how that will work so I guess send them to me and I will see if I get them. You have to send them to my mission address now and I think it might show that online so you might be able to get it from there. Hopefully I don't miss any of your letters that you send because I am leaving the MTC but I think they might be able to get them to me if I don't get them before I leave. I didn't recieve the letters from when you were in Seattle until yesterday but it was nice to hear that everything went well and that you had fun. Well I guess you said you were probably going to be bored waitng at the finish line though. We had this all day orinetation thing for all the departing missionaries for this week and we got to learn so much more about the mission field in that than we have learned so far. It was a lot of fun to be at and we had a lot of practice with how to start conversations when just contacting people on the street or around the city. We also got to watch a talk that was given at the MTC a while ago, I don't remember when, but it was by Elder Holland and it was about his mission and what it means to him and how we can be able to feel the same way and make the most out of our missions. It was one of the best talks I have ever heard and we were told it is only shown here at the MTC, there is no other way to see that talk, I guess because it is about missions and missionary work but I learned a lot from it and was able to take a lot of notes to go back and look at to help me become better. Elder Holland is great and I love the talks he gives. I might be sending a box soon because I think I will have to send some stuff like clothes and so tell me sometime if dad wants his belt back now that I have mine, I guess I could just send it anyway though.
I love you all so much and I hope you continue to have fun and have a great week. I will write the handwritten letters today and send those today. Have fun!!
Love, Ryne

No comments:

Post a Comment